Thank you for checking out my About Me page.
I am Jackie Brown, wife, mother and freelance writer. I live in Maghera, Northern Ireland, and am married to Ulsterman Martin. I have one son called Ian who is the apple of my eye.
I have lots of hobbies and interests including reading, music, sport, technology and writing. I am also totally blind, and use a raft of assistive technology to enhance my independence. The combination of using technology, and my writing skills, means I review a lot of gadgets and equipment that is suitable for someone with a visual impairment to use. You can check out my Reviews on the Reviews Page
for the most up-to-date pieces I have written.
I enjoy several voluntary commitments that give me the opportunity to meet lots of lovely people. These include:
- • Branch Organiser for Mid-Ulster, Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (GDBA)
- • Community Connector for the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
- • Editor and Board Trustee for the British Computer Association of the Blind (BCAB)
- • Guest contributor for Tech Talk, RNIB Connect Radio
- • Guest contributor for Tech That, Sound Vision Online (Northern Ireland)
- • Trainer for Hims Braille Sense products
Away from all my activities and hobbies, I care for my beautiful German Shepherd guide dog, Bumble, and enjoy the beauty and peace that living in Northern Ireland gives me.
If you want to comment on any of my articles, or would like me to review something you are developing, please Get In Touch.